Tranquil Rains Pack

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the members of the WolfQuest pack, The Tranquil Rains Pack. Here is the link if you are interested in joining: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=44660

5 posters

Roleplay Rules

Lyra
    Lyra
    Admin

Roleplay Rules Empty Roleplay Rules

Post  Lyra Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:24 pm

All players must obey these rules while roleplaying.

1. Every wolf must have a bio in the Wolf Biographies section before participating in RP.

2. All posts must be in 3rd person and past tense. For example, instead of "I stare intensely at the loner crossing our territory. I growl viciously at the stranger." it would be posted as, "Akera stared intensely at the loner crossing her pack's territory. She growled viciously at the stranger." This makes it easier to differentiate between wolves and makes their actions clearer.

3. No magical powers, odd colors, weird markings, wings, etc. And no "super strong" wolves. No wolf can fling another across the area or kill him with one bite. The goal is to be as realistic as possible.

4. You are allowed to fight occasionally, but you must fight fairly. Wolves also need a day or two at least to recover from a fight, depending on the seriousness of the brawl.

5. You are only allowed to "move" your own character, aka "don't put words in someone else's mouth." You are not allowed to say something like, "Akera ran towards the loner, who cowered back in fear," unless you get the permission from them first.

6. No double posting

7. No foul language.

8. Posts must be at least 2 sentences and written with proper grammar. No "texting speak".

9. You are only allowed to RP with one wolf. It would get way too confusing with more than one character with the same user name. This excludes pups.

10. Respect the other members and do not take anything personally. This is all fun and games!

Please respond to this thread before RP so I know you've read the rules! Thanks.

Last edited by Akera on Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Starfire
    Starfire

Roleplay Rules Empty role play rules

Post  Starfire Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:21 pm

ok
    Kiba
    Kiba

Location : The land of blood and gore and death. =D It is called Morbid Land.

Roleplay Rules Empty Re: Roleplay Rules

Post  Kiba Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:57 pm

I disagree with this rule:

2. All posts must be in 3rd person and past tense. For example, instead of "I stare intensely at the loner crossing our territory. I growl viciously at the stranger." it would be posted as, "Accalia stared intensely at the loner crossing her pack's territory. She growled viciously at the stranger."

Everyone has different styles of role play, and I have a hard time remembering to use my character's name or to use he/she, his/her instead of I or my. I'm a Point of View writer, most of my stories have point of view used rather than third person. Some don't write in past tense, some write in present tense or future tense.

You must consider other role players' style of role play.

I disagree with this part of rule one:
    ...and have 10 posts before participating in RP.
    That implies that everyone post random stuff until they get 10 posts.
    Nitta
    Nitta

Post  Nitta Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:38 am

. All posts must be in 3rd person and past tense. For example, instead of "I stare intensely at the loner crossing our territory. I growl viciously at the stranger." it would be posted as, "Accalia stared intensely at the loner crossing her pack's territory. She growled viciously at the stranger."
    i have to agree with this one becouse everyone has a diffrent type on role playing styles

and have 10 posts before participating in RP
    I couldent care less about this one like this one. and Kiba please stay out of this this is not your pack or your site.
    Kiba
    Kiba

Location : The land of blood and gore and death. =D It is called Morbid Land.

Post  Kiba Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:11 pm

Nitta wrote:
    . All posts must be in 3rd person and past tense. For example, instead of "I stare intensely at the loner crossing our territory. I growl viciously at the stranger." it would be posted as, "Accalia stared intensely at the loner crossing her pack's territory. She growled viciously at the stranger."
    i have to agree with this one becouse everyone has a diffrent type on role playing styles

and have 10 posts before participating in RP
    I couldent care less about this one like this one. and Kiba please stay out of this this is not your pack or your site.

On the contrary, this isn't your pack or your site either. You aren't Beta, Delta or Alpha. A mere hunter. Hunters, Scouts and Warriors are equal rankings. Being placed in a higher spot doesn't mean a thing in those ranks. Now, don't act like who you aren't. I'm not intending to stir up a little 'war' here. 10 posts, really? Before getting to role play? That is a bit much. I'd agree to say, 4-5 posts.
    Nitta
    Nitta

Post  Nitta Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:07 pm

take that back i what just said about the ten post thing i have to agree 5 would work insted of have ten post before rping.
    Lyra
    Lyra
    Admin

Post  Lyra Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Woah woah woah. Okay first off:

Kiba the reason I do the past tense rule is because it is easier to show what each wolf is doing and it is less confusing for others to read each wolf in first person. Because if I wrote something in first person and then you wrote something in first person it is kind of contradictory. But of course, your wolf can always think in first person. My wolves do that often, to express their thoughts to the whole group better.

Secondly, I was actually considering changing that rule and I will now that you have said so.

Nitta, he was just stating that he disagreed, not that it will change. But of course in this circumstance it will.

As for roleplay I will have a RP scenario up very very soon. Probably tomorrow. So look forward to that!
    Fallen
    Fallen

Post  Fallen Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:53 am

Sounds good, I'll be sure to follow the rules.
    Starfire
    Starfire

Post  Starfire Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:46 am

me to Lyra i will follow the rules to.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:09 am